The Associate Lawyer shall provide professional legal advice, handle legal processes, develop company policies and safeguard the company against legal risks. He/she shall provide guidance on various legal matters and ensure that the company complies with laws and regulations imposed by the government, local government units and other regulatory bodies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drafts and reviews agreements, contracts, affidavits, notices to explain, notices of disciplinary action, and other legal documents.
- Conducts updated in-depth legal research citing the law, decisions and others on legal issues impacting the company
- Drafts well-researched legal opinion
- Assists the Data Privacy Officer in ensuring compliance of the company with the Data Privacy Act of 2012 and the rules and regulations issue dby the National Privacy Commission and other regulatory bodies
- Provides legal assistance on special projects such as corporate restructurings
- Monitors and ensures that regulatory requirements and deadlines are met
- Assists the company in ensuring compliance with the regulatory requirements of the government including but not limited to the Securities and Exchange Commission, Department of Energy, Department of Labor and Employment, Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Draft legal documents, replies, official communication, position papers and other documents for submission to various government agencies, regulatory bodies and other entities
- Manages deliverables and deadlines.
· 5 years’ experience in Corporate Work.
· 2 years’ Experience as Data Privacy Practitioner.
· Excellent written and communication skills.
· Problem solving and analytical skills.
· Team player.
· Computer and/or IT skills is an advantage.